Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Save the Dates...

The things that seem the easiest...

We are so lucky because Jay's mommy is making us fabulous, unique invitations for the ceremony and reception. (Pictures of the samples to follow; they are AWESOME.)

But now we're working on the Save the Dates and I want them to do justice to the rustic, personalized feel of the whole affair.  So the basic photo card with pretty design seems a bit too generic.  So I need some opinions.  What say you of these?

The vintage look: it reminds me of The Great Gatsby and we'll be doing a literary theme...

The typewriter save the date: See above -- the literary theme, and I like that it doesn't look like a typical save the date -- more modern...

The oak tree: very natural, on recycled paper.  I like the old romance of the carved initials in the tree.

Sunflowers: The reception flowers will have sunflowers as the basis.

Ok, folks what do you think?  Which cards would you like to receive?  Which one makes the wedding seem like an event you want to attend?

Have at it in the comments!

4 comments:

  1. I like them all...but apparently that's not "helpful".... So I'm relying on you folks. (BTW, I like the sunflowers and the other purple one)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE the tree the best. Gee, I hope I get a save the date;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the typewriter and the tree the best, but I also support option E: a close-up of Rudy's nose.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Grandma likes the sunflowers best. Oak tree as second choice.

    I'll go with the sunflowers or the tree. Not sure I want to vote for Rudy's nose without a picture!

    ReplyDelete