Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Hannalore's: Dresses Part 2

So onwards, we went -- this time with Mom in tow, and attending the Rosa Clara trunk show at Hannalore's in Old Town. The 2010 Rosa Clara collection is ridiculously my taste -- ruffles; organza; and lightness, lightness, everywhere. There were several contenders: Cache was the closest: the skirt = amazing. Not ruffles, but rather the look of layered handkerchief corners. Graceful, whimsical, elegant. But...

The neckline just wasn't right -- too flat, too harsh, and not able to be altered down to a sweetheart because of pleating. Now, the sales lady starts talking about how in the 2009 collection, there was a dress exactly like this in a halter. She didn't have it, but said she would call the design house and get me pictures, then we could bring it in if I liked it. So perfect, right? Um, yeah, ask me if I heard from her again. Boo.

She also offered a similar dress from Pronovias: the Huesca, but... eh. Just wasn't right -- even with the crazy halter ruffle removed. Suddenly the ruffles in the skirt looked cheap and wedding cake-y. Not what I was looking for.
So we began to look around the store, and came across a couple more Pronovias dresses that caught my eye: looking for shapes I hadn't really examined before, but still had some of that whimsical quirk to it. Mansion: gorgeous dress, very different way of pairing tulle and lace, but just not quite for those of us with the small bosoms... Such is life.







Then there was Mariona, and I will tell you, this very nearly became THE dress. I didn't see it at first, but when I put my hair up with a headband, I got the long, elegant Grecian feel and it looked lovely. But, a night of sleeping on it only increased my concern that it wasn't special enough. Lovely, graceful: yes. Flattering? Very. But, I couldn't get out of my head that I can wear this dress anytime (and not spend $1500 on it!). It didn't make me excited to get married. (Not that I need any other reason to be excited, but still! :))
I will also say. The one shoulder thing: I love it. I've worn it before and it really works for my body type, but everyone is wearing it now! So I'd rather be fresh than trendy.

And so I kept looking...



No comments:

Post a Comment